Health and Safety Legislation requires that employers assess the risk to the health, safety and welfare of the employees, documenting this when employing five or more persons.
Risk assessment is at the heart of any safety management system.
This one day course is suitable for any persons whom carry the responsibility of completing risk assessments, whether they be heads of department, managers, supervisors or safety representatives.
The programme includes:
- The reason for good risk assessments and risk management
- Overview of relevant legislation including:
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Common types of risk assessment
- Risk assessment terminology
- HSE’s The 5 Steps to risk assessment approach
- Hazard identification
- Risk control strategies including safe systems of work
07831606857 or 07789913918